Create customized party accessories when you use paper and Mod Podge to craft a custom picture frame.
I just love Mod Podge. It makes it so simple to create your own custom wall decor and coordinate the look of your party decorations.
Recently, I was in charge of the party supplies for my MIL’s 60th birthday. I really enjoyed creating this decorative frame with polka dot scrapbook paper that matched the pennant banner and other decorations I crafted.
The 4×6″ chipboard frame was only $3.50 (half price) at Hobby Lobby. And the single piece of scrapbook paper was $.59. I already had the Mod Podge and foam brush on -hand.
Step-by-Step Guide for Scrapbook Paper Picture Frame with Mod Podge
- Scrapbook Paper
- Chipboard Frame
- Foam Brush
- Mod Podge
1. Remove the back of the frame and lay face down on the back side of your scrapbook paper.
2. Trace the frame (both inside and outside).
3. Cut along lines to create scrapbook paper overlay for frame.
4. Use the foam brush to apply a medium coat of Mod Podge to the front of your chipboard frame & position paper over frame, using a firm flat surface (such as a credit card) to smooth out any bubbles or wrinkles.
5. After 15 minutes, apply a coat of Mod Podge to the front of the frame (over the scrapbook paper) to seal it and create a protective coating.
That’s it! So simple!